ColdFusion: The Best Solution for Mobile and Web Applications Development
ColdFusion (ColdFusion Markup Language, or CFML) was introduced in 1995 by J.J. Allaire. It is a rapid development platform for creating modern web applications. It is built on Java and uses the Apache Tomcat J2EE container. Initially, it was created as a web scripting language that link simple HTML pages to the database.
It is a JVM-based programming language that supports scripting and templating. It consists of ColdFusion Studio and ColdFusion Server. ColdFusion Studio is a complete integrated development environment (IDE), which is used to develop a website. Whereas, ColdFusion Server is a deployment platform, which serves the pages to users.
The most recent version ColdFusion comes with advanced features such as built-in HTML5 support, social media integration, HTML to PDF conversion, security enhancements, and much more.
ColdFusion is the perfect Web Application Development Solutions for healthcare, eCommerce, real estate, gaming, finance, sports, supply chain, retail, and publishing industries.
As an Adobe stage, ColdFusion isn’t free, however there are a lot of open-source engines that influence the advantages of this incredible language.
Listed below all the updates related to ColdFusion technology (reference from wiki)
- 1995-July-02: Allaire Cold Fusion version 1.0
- 1996: Allaire Cold Fusion version 1.5
- 1996-November: Allaire Cold Fusion version 2.0
- 1997-June: Allaire Cold Fusion version 3.0
- 1998-January: Allaire Cold Fusion version 3.1
- 1998-November: Allaire ColdFusion version 4.0
- 1999-November: Allaire ColdFusion version 4.5
- 2001-June: Macromedia ColdFusion version 5.0
- 2002-May: Macromedia ColdFusion MX version 6.0 (build 6,0,0,48097), Updater 1 (build 6,0,0,52311), Updater 2 (build 6,0,0,55693), Updater 3 (build 6,0,0,58500)
- 2003-July: Macromedia ColdFusion MX version 6.1 (build 6,1,0,63958), hot-fix (6,1,0,xxxxx), Updater 1 (build 6,1,0,83762)
- 2005-February-07: Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 (build 7,0,0,91690
- 2005-September-27: Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7.0.1 (build 7,0,1,116466)
- 2006-June-28: Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7.0.2 (build 7,0,2,142559)
- 2007-July-30: Adobe ColdFusion 8 (build 8,0,0,176276)
- 2008-April-03: Adobe ColdFusion 8.0.1 (build 8,0,1,195765)
- 2009-October-05: Adobe ColdFusion 9 (build 9,0,0,251028)
- 2010-July-13: Adobe ColdFusion 9.0.1 (build 9,0,1,274733)
- 2012-May-15: Adobe ColdFusion 10 (build 10,0,0,282462)
- 2012-May-31: Adobe ColdFusion 9.0.2 (build 9,0,2,282541)
- 2012-August-31: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 1 (build 10,0,0,282462)
- 2012-September-11: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 2 (build 10,0,0,283111)
- 2012-October-16: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 3 (build 10,0,3,283145)
- 2012-November-02: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 4 (build 10,0,4,283281)
- 2012-November-19: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 5 (build 10,0,5,283319)
- 2012-December-11: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 6 (build 10,0,6,283435)
- 2013-January-15: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 7 (build 10,0,7,283649)
- 2013-February-27: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 8 (build 10,0,8,284032)
- 2013-Apr-10: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 9 (build 10,0,9,284568)
- 2013-May-14: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 10 (build 10,0,10,284825)
- 2013-July-09: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 11 (build 10,0,11,285437)
- 2013-November-12: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 12 (build 10,0,12,286680)
- 2013-November-21: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Mandatory Update (build 10,283922)
- 2014-January-10: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 13 (build 10,0,13,287689)
- 2014-October-14: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 14
- 2014-December-9: Adobe ColdFusion 10 Update 15 (build 10,0,15,292620)
- 2014-April-29: Adobe ColdFusion 11 (build 11,0,0,289822)
- 2014-September-22: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 1
- 2014-October-14: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 2
- 2014-December-9: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 3
- 2015-November-17: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 7
- 2016-February-16: Adobe ColdFusion (2016 release) (build 2016,0,0,297996)
- 2016-May-10: Adobe ColdFusion 2016 Update 1
- 2016-June-14: Adobe ColdFusion 2016 Update 2
- 2016-October-7: Adobe ColdFusion 2016 Update 3
- 2016-December-20: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 11
- 2017-April-25: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 12
- 2017-April-25: Adobe ColdFusion 2016 Update 4
- 2017-September-12: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 13
- 2017-September-12: Adobe ColdFusion 2016 Update 5
- 2018-April-10: Adobe ColdFusion 11 Update 14
- 2018-April-10: Adobe ColdFusion 2016 Update 6
- 2018-July-12: Adobe ColdFusion (2018 Release) (2018.0.0.310739)
Some Advantages of ColdFusion:
1. It is directly working with Java.
2. It is very easy to learn, read, and debug.
3. It is able to handle heavy loads and hence most preferred technology because of its scalable nature.
4. The website can develop without coding any additional codes.
5. It is used for web applications and mobile applications development.
6. It eliminates the need of test server such as Apache.
7. It is easily compatible with different web platforms and servers.
8. It is easily integrated with different products of Adobe like Flash, PDF, etc.
9. It has a built-in security capabilities like like Pete Frietag.
10. It has custom tags, which makes easy managing and accessing of website templates.
11. It is capable to develop for both iOS and Android.
ColdFusion is the best scripting language that is the best solution when you want to develop a simple web application in the quickest possible time. It is perfect for building web application that will receive a huge load. Using ColdFusion, you can easily build better systems with lower resources, without compromising the quality.
Get in touch with us if you need any kind of expert advice for ColdFusion web application development. You can call at +1 7809082366 or shoot an email firstname.lastname@example.org.